This tonic hydrates via a unique process designed to balance the liquid content of skin cells with the lipids that surround them; and in so doing it provides necessary support for the stratum corneum to be self sufficient.
The stratum corneum contains multiple layers of flattened cells (corneocytes), encased in a thick coating of fat or lipids. Arranged into pairs of sheets (lamellar membranes), these lamellar lipid bi-layers fill spaces between the cells, providing a formidable barrier to the outflow of water from skin (transepidermal water loss).
Most water-based moisturizers/hydrators seep into the lamellar layers of the SC, leaching water from skin cells—potentially why conventional mists or toners can leave skin more dehydrated. Our biomimetic design has produced a one-of-a-kind tonic, composed of humectants with distinctive similarity to the skin’s lamellar structure. Since maintaining lamellar membrane integrity also protects the contents of the skin cells, the tonic not only promotes liquid/lipid balances, it also restores and improves overall barrier function.
Shake well. Dispense one pump and warm between palms. Using first three fingers, draw small circles over face/neck/chest for 1-2 minutes, adding water to create slip. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry. If irritation occurs, discontinue use and consult a physician. Keep in a cool, dry place, out of direct light. Use within 6 months of opening.
- BETA GLUCAN excellent polysaccharide humectant that penetrates into the deeper lamellar structures of the SC.
- d-PANTHENOL Pro-vitamin B5 promotes wound healing, helps restore damaged epithelium, reduces inflammation, improves skin hydration, reduces transepidermal water loss, improves skin roughness.
- SODIUM HYALURONATE disaccharide occurring naturally in skin, a major component of the dermis, maintaining its moisture and elasticity. Holds up to 1000x its weight in water—a powerful humectant.
- LICORICE ROOT Anti-inflammatory botanical, skin-lightening properties.
- SELENIUM Works with vitamin E to safeguard cell membranes by inhibiting lipid peroxidation. Used to control Malassezia globose, a species of fungus that causes Tinea versicolor and hypopigmentation.
Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Infusion, Beta-Glucan, Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Sambucus Nigra (Elderberry) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Acetic Acid (Apple Cider Vinegar), Sodium Hyaluronate, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Pre/Probiotic Complex, Curcuma Longa/Xanthorrhiza (Turmeric) Root Extract, Selenomethionine
Fragrance + Essential Oil free
Statements on these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.